Resource packs usually come in the form of a .zip file which you can install in your client. This guide will show you how to add the resource pack to your server so that any new player gets prompted to download your resource pack automatically!
How to add the pack to your server
- Go to your server panel and open up the server you wish to add the pack on
- On the left menu go Files -> Config files and then click on Server Settings
- Scroll down to where it says “resource-pack” and put your download link there
- Scroll to where it says “resource-pack-sha1” and add your sha1 string there (our free resource pack hosting will generate this for you)
- Save the settings and restart the server
- If you don’t have the resource pack installed and if you login to your server, you should get a prompt to download your resource pack like this:
Note: Your resource pack download link needs to be a “direct download” link, which means that it needs to start downloading right away after you click on it. This means that links from dropbox and other similar services will not work because they open up a page where you have to manually click the download button.
Free resource pack hosting
We are offering free resource pack hosting for your resource packs where you can get a direct link and place it into your server right away.